1991: First contact with Dr. Bruce Edgar’s articles
- That time, my system (built back in ’95) consists from:
- Klipschorn Bass unit as active subwoofer (fc-100Hz)
- Midbass: 8″ Eminence EM8-100 in ported enclosure (doh)
- Mids: Audax 6 1/2″ Audax PR38TSM… in closed enclosure
- Heights: Fostex FT66H (before FT50H)
1991: First Tractrix Horn, built for the Audax midrange
1992: First major modifcations
- Klipschorn bass
- Downscaled La Scala bass unit for 10″ driver (100-500Hz)
- Dynaudio D54 in a 300Hz Tractrix horn (500-5KHz, based on the Edgar Midrange Horn article)
- Fostex FT66H tweeter (5k-20KHz, the big T950A is not connected).
Soon it became clear to me, that there is so much more potential in a system entirely equipped with horn loudspeakers. I decided to go on.
The small LaScala’s were the next items to be replaced:
The Tractrix Midbass
Later with a new rack
But soon, new incidents influenced my tinkerings.
Fostex D582 compression drivers
150Hz Tractrix Midbass
I was very pleased with the results since it was a big inprovement compared to the previos setup. These pictures were taken before the remodeling of our living room. You can find the plans for these horns in the download section.
To be continued (sometime)…